1. Health and safety law
Purpose of health and safety legislation and the different legislative requirements that must be followed to ensure this is achieved.
2. Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM)
How the CDM Regulations are used to support health and safety on site.
3. Health and safety management systems
Develop, maintain and monitor a health and safety management system.
4. Risk assessments and method statements
Write and use risk assessments and method statements to ensure a safe working environment.
5. Statutory inspections and checks
Statutory inspections and checks for a construction site.
6. Reporting accidents, injuries and ill health
Reporting accidents, injuries and ill health that may occur in the construction industry.
7. Leadership and worker engagement
Good leadership and worker engagement to aid with protecting the workforce.
1. Health and welfare of the workforce
Protect the health and welfare of the workforce in the construction industry.
2. First aid and emergency procedures
Manage first aid and emergency procedures for a construction site.
3. Hazardous substances
Identify and handle hazardous substances associated with working on a construction site.
Risks to health posed by asbestos, and the basic legal requirements to manage those risks.
5. Dust and fumes
Control exposure to dust and fumes (respiratory hazards) for workers on a construction site.
6. Noise and vibration
Control exposure to noise and vibration for construction workers.
7. Manual handling
Outline how to properly undertake manual handling activities when lifting loads