The Level 3 Award in Education and Training is designed to give people the knowledge and confidence to teach in the post 16 education sector. This could be as a trainer in the private training industry or as a teacher/lecturer in further education. This qualification replaces the old PTLLS course. Certifying people to teach at a nationally accredited standard.
Thu 4 Jan5 day split
Session 1Thu 04 Jan 09:00 - Thu 04 Jan 16:00Stoke
Session 2Thu 11 Jan 09:00 - Thu 11 Jan 16:00Stoke
Session 3Thu 18 Jan 09:00 - Thu 18 Jan 16:00Stoke
Session 4Thu 25 Jan 09:00 - Thu 25 Jan 16:00Stoke
Session 5Mon 05 Feb 09:00 - Mon 05 Feb 16:00StokeStoke
- £895.00 excl. VAT
The course is made up of three core units and requires three classroom days of attendance. Consisting of a combination of:
- Taught lectures
- Lesson planning
- Group discussions
- Essay planning
Learners will spend part of the first two days planning their own 15 minute micro teach lesson ready to deliver it on day three. After the classroom days learners have one month to complete three essays at home / work. Templates are provided on the course to help make these easier.
- Learners will achieve the nationally recognised Ofqual approved Level 3 Award in Education and Training Certificate .
- The aim is to give learners the confidence and knowledge to teach. By the end of the course learners will understand how to set up an effective and inclusive learning environment.
- You will learn the skills and qualities required to become a successful teacher/trainer.
- Unit A looks at your roles and responsibilities as a teacher.
- Unit B involves planning your own session and the importance of providing an inclusive teaching setting that meets all individual needs.
- Unit C investigates the three main types of assessment in teaching and the pivotal role that ongoing assessment in teaching plays.
It is designed for both the private training industry and post 16 educational institutes, and covers the generic teaching skills that are required in becoming an effective teacher/trainer.
Potential progression routes include the Level 4 Certificate in Education & Training (CTLLS) or the Level 5 Diploma in Education & Training (DTLLS).