The CPCS Slinger/Signaller A40 course is designed for individuals who have limited or no experience in slinging and signalling and wish to enter the lifting industry. Over the course of four days, participants will acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to safely and effectively perform the duties of a slinger/signaller. Successful completion of the course will enable candidates to apply for the CPCS trained operator card (red card) and pursue a career in the lifting industry.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
This comprehensive four-day course is tailored for individuals who aspire to work as slinger/signallers in the lifting industry. Participants will receive thorough training in various aspects of the role, including load estimation, lifting tackle selection, clear signal communication, and equipment maintenance. Upon successfully passing the technical tests, candidates will have the opportunity to obtain the CPCS trained operator card, demonstrating their competence and readiness for this crucial role.
- 3 days of training: This includes classroom-based tutorials and practical exercises.
- 1 day of assessment: CPCS technical tests to evaluate the candidate's knowledge and practical skills.
Establish the Weight and Dimensions of Loads
- Techniques for accurately determining the weight and dimensions of various loads.
- Communicating this information effectively to the crane operator for safe lifting.
Select Appropriate Lifting Tackle
- Identifying and choosing the right lifting tackle for different loads.
- Proper methods for attaching and detaching lifting equipment safely and correctly.
Clear and Unambiguous Signals
- Learning and using clear and effective signals to direct crane operators when moving loads of various weights and dimensions.
- Ensuring safe and precise lifting operations.
Determine the Serviceability of Lifting Accessories
- Inspection and assessment of lifting accessories for serviceability.
- Maintenance and storage guidelines to prolong the life of equipment.