The First Aid at Work training course, which conforms with HSE guidance, provides a comprehensive set of practical skills needed by first aiders in most workplaces, giving both the ability and knowledge to deal with first aid emergencies. It meets the standards required to help comply with Health and Safety (First aid) regulations.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
This course is designed for people who want to receive St John Ambulance's most thorough first aid training. It is most suited to those working in high-risk environments, such as building sites or warehouses.
Candidates need a basic command of English (defined as Level 2). While St John Ambulance are often able to provide support to people who do not have English as a first language, their ability to do so is limited by the time available and the number of people who require assistance. They may be able to make special arrangements if requested in advance. Please contact us if you need any guidance.
- Adult resuscitation (CPR)
- Allergic reaction
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Chest pains
- Choking adult
- Communication and casualty care
- Eye injuries
- Head injuries
- Defibrillator prompts and how to respond (theory-based)
- Defibrillator pad placement (theory-based)
- Low blood sugar
- Managing an emergency
- Minor and severe bleeding
- Poisons and what to do if someone has been poisoned
- Role of the first aider (including knowledge of health and safety regulations)
- Spinal injuries
- Unresponsive adult