City & Guilds Level 2 Award Confined Space Medium Risk Entrant
This Medium Risk course is accredited by City & Guilds and is essential for those working in a confined space where access risks are present and escape breathing apparatus must be taken in. This is a competence based training course and will require delegates to show a good understanding of safe working practices and emergency arrangements including the use of a variety of equipment.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
Students will be trained on how to select, use, visually inspect and maintain confined space equipment. This will include emergency escape breathing apparatus and how enter and work safely in medium risk confined spaces.
Delegates will complete a practical assessment and final written test paper. Successful students will be awarded with a City & Guilds certificate which is valid for 3 years.
Anyone who works in a confined space such as a Sewer, Tank, Chamber or vessel. This course would also be beneficial to managers or supervisors of operatives who are working in a medium risk confined space.
The City & Guilds Confined Space Medium Risk (6150-02) Course will cover the following topics: -
- Introduction to Confined Space Regulations 1997
- Hazardous Environments
- Entering and exiting confined spaces safely
- Risk Assessment & Method Statement Process
- How to prepare and use escape breathing apparatus in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Fall Arrest Systems
- Dealing with emergencies
- Appropriate behaviour for working in medium risk confined spaces
- Apply industry specific knowledge for working in medium risk confined spaces