Would you like to grow your skills and reach your full potential with a creative new company? Acadame is a young, innovative, and rapidly growing training company who provide practical health and safety training solutions to help companies comply with the law. We know that Health and safety is often seen as a dull and necessary evil, so our aim is to bring to the market a new and modern quirky twist to this and promote good working practices in a fun, modern and memorable way. Most of our customers are from the construction industry which is starting to boom again across the UK, our customers need this training, or they cannot go to work so as you can see this is a great growth industry to be in.
The Acadame Senior Leadership Team are real entrepreneurs who have built this company from scratch and there is real pride in the fact that all the team members muck in to get all the work done. In our world everyone is very important, and all are treated and rewarded fairly. We all work hard but laugh hard when we can, therefore a good sense of humour is a must. We are more innovative than corporate and want to work with people who are themselves and express their positive personalities.
A very exciting new position has arisen for a Business Development Manager who has the flare and confidence to build up a business by identifying new business prospects and selling training solutions. This is for someone who wants the chance to grow with an innovative company in a busy and challenging role; we want you to join us in our aim to shake up the Health & Safety Training industry, turn on its head and radically improve it.
We need a certain charismatic someone with a “can do” attitude who can not only maintain relationships with current clients, build and maintain relationships with new clients, but who can also search out business leads. As desirable as experience is, all Business Development Managers start somewhere so we don’t only consider those who have had the industry experience and full training will be given. For most of our clients you will be the first point of contact and therefore the first impression of our company – therefore you must be able to excel at putting people at ease, and making customers know that we will do our upmost to help them with excellent communication skills. People do buy from people after all, and we want people to want to buy into the values of the company because of the way you relate to people, introduce yourself, take an interest in them and their business needs.
You must be able to deal with all customer enquiries efficiently, making all customers know that their enquiry is the most important one you have ever received and that you want to genuinely help them. To us likeability, willingness and a positive ‘can and will do’ attitude is much more important than what qualifications you have. We must stress that for the right person there is PLENTY of opportunity for career growth within our team and company.
- Research and recommend prospects for new business opportunities
- Research and analyse sales options
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and prospects
- Stay current with trends and competitors to identify improvements or recommend new products
- Collect and analyse information and prepare data and sales reports
- Attend workshops to learn more technical and professional skills for the job
- Build and maintain professional networks
- Meet with potential clients to determine their needs
- Becoming a health and safety professional and sitting regular training like First Aid, Fire Marshal, IOSH and more
- Keeping yourself up to date with Health & Safety Law & Regulations and passing this on to your clients
- Attending and participating regular team meetings
- We may ask you to help with Sales Visits to customers
- Keeping up appearances with your freshly ironed acadame polo and professional appearance
- Good time keeping
- Helping to keep our work environment clean and tidy
- Ad hock duties
- Providing holiday cover for other staff members & returning the favour for when you’re on holiday
Must have attributes:
- You will be naturally friendly with a genuine desire to help people
- Your happy and enthusiastic manner will create a great first impression of our company
- You will be able to look at all situations positively (even the “learning curves”)
- You will be a quick and willing learner
- You’ll have a great ability to spot opportunities and act on these
- You’ll be a creative thinker, but able to work to procedures
- You’ll be hardworking and a self-starter
- You’ll be a team worker able to work on own initiative
- You’re an ideas person with the ability to spot and the confidence to suggest opportunities to increase our efficiency
- Great sense of humour, able to make a joke but remain professional
Must have skills
- Driving Licence
- People Skills
- Good sense of humour
- Great attention to detail
- Able to work in a team and using own initiative
- Ability to manage own diary (i.e., getting all paperwork prepared both before and after course)
- Friendly and helpful, with confident manner
- You’ll have a good grasp of IT (email, laptop & phone)
- Must be able to spot opportunities to market our courses & identify opportunities
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Ability to think outside the box, but also work to procedures
- Able to work unsupervised using own initiative
Full time of 37.5hrs a week with no bank holidays. Typically 9-5, but with the flexibility to possibly start as early as 8am, with finishing time moving to 4pm. Upon completion of a 3 month probationary period you would be enrolled on to a Level 4 Sales Apprenticeship which you will complete on the job. This role will always include further apprenticeship opportunities at more advanced sales and leadership levels up to and including degree level.
Benefits: Part of our generous company bonus scheme (after probation), 23 days holiday reviewed annually (or sooner) plus bank holidays, plenty of opportunity to attend training courses, plenty of opportunity for growth and promotion within the company.
If you have read this far down, well done you may well be what we are looking for.