CITB (DRHS) Director’s Role for Health and Safety
Our CITB Directors Role for Health and Safety, or DRHS is a 1-day Site Safety Plus course designed for company directors.
This one-day interactive course in Staffordshire has been designed for company directors and senior managers, with the aim of recognising the human and financial implications of non-compliance of health and safety legislation.
The course, delivered on-site or at our Staffordshire base will provide a summary of how to promote a positive organisational culture for health and safety.
Workshop exercises throughout the day will give leaders the opportunity to discuss their thoughts about health and safety and company directors.
This one day CITB Site Safety Plus course is aimed at Company Directors and Senior Managers.
Assessment will be by an exam paper and a trainer review. The examination demonstrates to external bodies that the certificate is only awarded to successful learners following both an assessment and examination. The examination paper number will be notified when the course booking is accepted by CITB. Trainers will start the course with a What do you know question paper to establish knowledge levels.
How decisions made in the boardroom affect the company as a whole
- The significance of risk assessments and the principles behind them
- Implementing a positive health and safety environment in the workplace
- Legal responsibilities of directors and senior management in terms of health and safety
- The implications of working in a dangerous environment
- Moral, economic and legal costs and implications of making decisions
- Strategic management of risks
- Consequences of failed health and safety management
- Importance of competent duty holders, and cooperating, communicating and coordinating health and safety on projects
- Appointment of competent health and safety assistance
- Tools to introduce a proactive health and safety culture into an organisation.
The classroom course is held over 1 day. Certification for this course is valid for 5 years. The minimum entry requirement for the DRHS Course is a good understanding of spoken and written English. If you have any concerns in this area, please call us.
Who is CITB?
How can I study the DRHS course?
How long does the DRHS course take to complete?
Will I be issued with a certificate upon successful DRHS completion?
How long is the DRHS certificate valid for?
Are there any entry requirements for DRHS?
The classroom course is held over 1 day.
Certification for this course is valid for 5 years.
The minimum entry requirement for the DRHS Course is a good understanding of spoken and written English. If you have any concerns in this area, please call us.
2. The Director's responsibilities
3. Principals of risk assessments and importance of the process
4. Health and safety planning
5. Financial implications of health and safety
6. The non-prescriptive approach to legislation