Manual Handling Train the Trainer
This is a highly interactive and information-packed Manual Handling Train the Trainer course designed to equip you with everything you need to be a manual handling instructor.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
This is a highly interactive and information-packed Manual Handling Train the Trainer course designed to equip you with everything you need to be a manual handling instructor. On completion of our course you will:
- Understand how to carry out an assessment of the risk before undertaking a manual handling task, therefore avoiding dangerous and costly mistakes.
- Learn the correct techniques for lifting and moving and mechanical aids and strategies to use in order to reduce risk.
- Be aware of the legal requirements placed on employers as laid out in the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and other legislation.
- Learn how to use effective training techniques.
- Practise your delivery of a Manual Handling course whilst being observed by your trainer.
The qualification is assessed through a number of different elements such as; written session and action plans, as well as delivering a 30 minute mock training session to your group to demonstrate your new skills and knowledge.
- Deliver training as often as it is needed therefore saving the cost of bringing in external trainers.
- Investing in training is investing in staff welfare and this undeniably increases production.
- Help comply with the legal requirements and therefore stay within legal guidelines.
- Know the legal considerations of manual handling and the requirements of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 and associated guidance.
- Understand the principles and practice of manual handling risk assessment in the workplace. Carry out a simple manual handling risk assessment.
- Be able to instruct on how to carry out a manual handling risk assessment.
- Know how to control risk by using safe systems of work such as team lifting, mechanical aids and pushing/pulling.
- Understand basic human anatomy and its relationship to safe lifting techniques.
- To be able to apply efficient movement principles and safe practice to the movement of loads.
The Manual Handling Train the Trainer course is suitable for you if your job requires you to instruct others on the correct lifting and handling of loads. For instance Facilities Managers, Health and Safety personnel, Warehouse Managers and anyone else who is responsible for training staff the correct manual handling techniques.