The Permit to Work Training (Half Day) is a concise and focused training program designed to provide participants with the essential knowledge and skills required to understand, implement, and manage permit-to-work systems effectively.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
This course is ideal for individuals who work in high-risk environments or industries where a permit-to-work system is in place to control potentially hazardous tasks.
This training is suitable for employees, supervisors, and managers working in industries such as construction, manufacturing, petrochemical, and any other sector where a permit-to-work system is in place. It is essential for individuals who need to understand the processes involved in safe task execution under permit conditions.
Module 1: Introduction to Permit-to-Work Systems
- Understanding the purpose and importance of permit-to-work systems
- Legal and regulatory requirements related to permits to work
Module 2: Key Components of a Permit-to-Work System
- Types of permits (e.g., hot work, confined space, electrical)
- Roles and responsibilities of personnel involved in the permit process
- The permit application, authorisation, and closure process
Module 3: Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Recognising hazards associated with specific tasks or activities
- Conducting risk assessments before issuing permits
- Implementing control measures to mitigate risks
Module 4: Permit Conditions and Safety Precautions
- Specifying conditions and safety precautions on permits
- Lockout/tagout procedures
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements
Module 5: Emergency Response and Communication
- Procedures for handling emergencies during permitted work
- Effective communication within the permit-to-work system
- Incident reporting and investigation